Saturday, December 13, 2008

How to Crush a Players Confidence, By Craig Mactavish


Schremp comes in and has 2 SUPERB games. Then he play an alright one in SJ on one of only 2 lines that did sweet Fuck-all offensively that night. Towards the end of the game, MacT benches him. I cried foul, but people instead looked at me as if I were a conspiracy theorist. Then the last game (which I didn't see) he had another less than great game but there were varying opinions there as well.

So now he's a healthy scratch. Jason Strudwick draws in and the writing is on the wall that just as I had predicted, late in the SJ game MacT's dislike of said player reared its ugly head. There will be no 3 scoring line team like I have pined for, there will be no run and gun team, there will just be the "Mac-T way". Shame on me for having any hope that maybe, just maybe a light bulb would've turned on underneath that rug that he calls his hair.

Nilsson returns tonight, and by many accounts Nilsson and Schremp were a dynamic combination in Schremp's rookie pro season in Wilkes Barre/Scranton. How many times have these 2 been on the same line since Schremp went down with an injury to end his season that year? Why 0 of course! Why in the blue hell would someone want to encourage chemistry?

Schremp's days in the Oilers organization are numbered as long as MacT is behind the bench. It makes you wonder who REALLY has an attitude problem, and who REALLY isn't open to change.

6 comments:

doritogrande said...

Would Schremp have fought last night?

I'll take the win, who cares who played in it.

Bryanbryoil said...

Probably not, however for the most part the 'Nucks weren't looking to goon it up too much.

Storts and Struds did their jobs and we won. However if we're going to keep icing a lineup like that we're in for some seriously dark days ahead IMO.

Let's see what MacT proposes against Chicago.

Unknown said...

Tambellini's quote from After Hours last night, "Robbie Schremp showed he can play for an NHL team" leads me to believe he's not going to be an Oiler too much longer.

Starting next year he would have to clear waivers to be sent down, I think they'll throw him in a package before losing him for nothing on waivers.

His play in the first 3 games should help us get better value back in any trade he is a part of, some team will take a chance on him.

Bryanbryoil said...

Duane, I heard it differently. I heard Brule, Schremp, and Dubnyk can all play in the NHL. That is what I heard, I didn't hear him specifically say that Schremp could play on an NHL team. Although the way things are going it seems like there's a 9/10 chance that he doesn't end this season in this organization IMO. The 1/10 is if MacT gets fired.

hunter1909 said...

MacTavish is a fool. I've literally stopped following this rotten team, it's too much bother for little results.

MacTavish is so obviously raving mad that I can't even come up with words to describe it.

Fuck the Oilers, until that jerkoff is sacked.

Bryanbryoil said...

Hunter, I can completely understand your frustration, and I sometimes feel the way that you do as well.

How this man can have more rope than a rope factory is unfathomable.

The coach that won the Cup over him is out of a job, yet he keeps on trucking behind the Oilers bench.