Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodbye Pronger, Marchant, and Co., Now I'm Rooting For Anyone But Detroit


At least we won't have to be seeing ole gap tooth raise the cup again nor our former red headed stepchild Marchant. However there's one more thing that I really want to see happen this post season, Detroit falling. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Wings, but I don't want Hossa to raise the cup.

If he does, every player that is an UFA that wants to win a cup before signing one last monstrous contract will sign with that seasons flavor of the week to chase a cup. I actually admire Hossa's dedication to winning, however IMO the fact that he spurned Pittsburgh to sign in Detroit is a slap in the face to the Pens since Pittsburgh isn't exactly chopped liver themselves.

How ironic would it be to see Hossa and the Wings beaten by the Pens in a complete reversal of last years finals? Poetic justice IMO. Any which way, here's to hoping that Detroit falls and a new NHL king is crowned while Hossa looks at the money that he left on the table this last summer and realizes that he should be looking to sign somewhere long term where he feels that he can be part of the foundation of a winner, instead of just jumping ship to a winner.

In summary I'll be rooting for the Pens to win the cup, but if it isn't them hopefully it's Chicago or even the Canes, although the Canes are the 2nd last remaining team that I want to see win the cup.

No comments: