Monday, October 26, 2009

Checking Up On My Pre Season Expectations Of MPS and Anton Lander


Prior to the start of the season I put my hopeful expectations of our top 2 draft picks from the '09 draft on here, let's see where they are at in relation to where I had hoped that the Timra teens would be come years end statistically.

MPS
My preseason hopes:
53gp. 12-18-30

Current stats:

12gp. 5-4-9

Projected over 53 games:

23-18-41


+11 goals and +11 points over what I would consider to be a successful season for MPS. I must say the fact that he is lighting the lamp with such regularity after having his goalscoring ability questioned to no end prior to the draft is a huge relief. MPS is on target to have a Backstrom-esque 18 year old season although he'd be lower in terms of points per game and assists while scoring a lot more goals.

Anton Lander
My preseason hopes:
51gp. 6-9-15

Current stats:
12gp. 1-1-2

Projected over 51 games:
4-4-8


-2 goals, -5 assists, and -7 points from my estimation of what would be seen as a successful season from Lander. Unlike MPS, Lander is under producing and would actually be on the score sheet less than he was last season. Lander needs to step it up offensively. He was not drafted as an offensive player like MPS was, but like Shawn Horcoff, Lander is expected to add some offensive pop along with his defensive play.

No comments: